2023 Board of Directors
Debra Fisher-Reynolds and Mary Anne Whitcomb
Corresponding Secretary/Newsletter Editor
Rosie Bean, Becky Simonds, Susan Buyer
Susan Hubbard and Joan Roache
Welcome to the Democratic Women’s Club (DWC) of Worcester County, Maryland — a dynamic, growing group united in supporting the causes and principles of the Democratic Party. We welcome both full and part time residents of Worcester County and surrounding areas. Typically, the club meets on the third Monday of each month (except July and August) at the Ocean Pines Community Center at 10 a.m. Meetings include conversation at 9:30 a.m., followed by a speaker program with interesting educational topics, and a business meeting.
The goals of the Democratic Women’s Club are to:
- Provide a welcome, lively social environment for our members
- Disseminate information about the Democratic Party
- Encourage citizens to participate in the governmental process, and to vote at the local, state, and national levels
- Provide information about Democratic candidates running for office and support and work for candidates representing the Democratic Party
- Support community non-profit organizations
- Provide educational and social activities
The DWC supports our community through efforts of our Kindness Council that works to coordinate charitable giving both among members and in coordination with other groups and to identify and support volunteer activities to benefit our community and its citizens.